*Christmas Holiday 2016*The Archive will be closed on December 27th but will re-open as usual on January 3rd 2017. A very Happy Christmas and New Year to all our users.
*** OUR DATABASE ***You can now access our Database yourself, search for names of people and places and request and pay for copies. Try it and see. Press DATABASE on the menu line above.
About this site
Wymondham Town Archive records the documentary and visual history of Wymondham and its neighbouring parishes. It is housed in the Town Council offices, is run by a team of volunteers, and is open to the public
from 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. on Tuesdays.
Requests for information should be sent, together with an SAE for a reply, to
Wymondham Town Archive
14 Middleton Street
Telephone enquiries may be addressed to the honorary archivists
Mary Garner (01953 604535) or
Richard Fowle (01953 603000)
E-Mails may be sent to :
- Sunken manhole cover and broken tarmac surface, 13th March
- 5” deep pothole caused damage, 13th March
- Pothole around drain cover on round about, 11th March
- 2 potholes outside The Old Chapel, New Road. These get filled every year.., 8th March
- Deep pothole one white line, 7th March
- Two potholes on same side of road on main road outside Windmill doctors surgery, 6th March
- 2ft pothole, 5th March
- Conifers, 27th February
- Two large hoarding panels (3 metres x 4 metres) surrounding the old market site, Cemetery Lane, Wymondham fallen. (1) partly on to road nearest car park entrance in the Lane; (2) opposite the railway station, blocking the pavement completely for pedestrians, wheelchairs and pushchairs., 26th February
- White Goods, 24th February