*Christmas Holiday 2016*The Archive will be closed on December 27th but will re-open as usual on January 3rd 2017. A very Happy Christmas and New Year to all our users.
*** OUR DATABASE ***You can now access our Database yourself, search for names of people and places and request and pay for copies. Try it and see. Press DATABASE on the menu line above.
About this site
Wymondham Town Archive records the documentary and visual history of Wymondham and its neighbouring parishes. It is housed in the Town Council offices, is run by a team of volunteers, and is open to the public
from 10.00 a.m. to 1.00 p.m. on Tuesdays.
Requests for information should be sent, together with an SAE for a reply, to
Wymondham Town Archive
14 Middleton Street
Telephone enquiries may be addressed to the honorary archivists
Mary Garner (01953 604535) or
Richard Fowle (01953 603000)
E-Mails may be sent to :
- Traffic lights and crossing all out, 17th November
- Street lamp not working, 9th November
- Lack of central white lines in Silfield from Mr Overalls to Bridge, 30th October
- Street light out, 28th October
- Homeowners hedge has totally encroached over the pavement, forcing people to walk into the road to get past. This is on a roundabout, and is regularly used by mother's pushing pans for the school run. Many people are complaining, and it is only a matter of time before someone is hit by a car whilst trying to get past this overgrown hedge, 21st October
- All street lights out, 20th October
- Flickering Street lamp, 20th October
- Manhole cover loose., 20th October
- Pavement issus, 16th October
- Street light permanently on. No number on the pole but it is the last sodium light on the road before cock street, 11th October